1.27.2014

Personality Of...

  As a teacher I always get to assign all these fun things to my students.  I teach animation but in those times that I assign something totally different are the times that I get to have the most fun.  Today for instance I assigned a Myers-Briggs Personality Test.  The thing that was interesting was seeing the personality types in my classroom.  One of the major battles of personalities is Introvert or Extrovert.  I knew personality type would be more abundant in one than the other, E or I.  


Who will win…  


Considering what I teach, Computer Animation, where all my students always look at my like I am a ranting crazy lunatic when I talk out loud, yell across the room, and just make a complete spectacle just to prove a point.  They would rather poke around on a computer, than ever see the sun… I really wasn't too surprised when 19 of the 22 were Introverts.  Just need wait and see what the other categories are more dominant in the classroom.  I feel, haha, I am a thinker…  I think that many are more J's than P's, but I may be completely wrong.  Let's get onto me...


This is me… An ENTP



Which this I feel is pretty dead-on for who I am…  Reading the other attached images, uh…  somewhat.  I just have to keep in mind when things don't quite match up I have a few other tendencies. Like I am only 12% Feeling and 11% Perceiving.  

But the famous people that are ENTPs are ones that I like watching, i.e. Walt Disney. 

Thoughts on my personality.  I find that I am often quick witted on many subjects, quick to find a solution, and then move on to the next subject.  That is also my down fall, I drift in groups, I will come up with many ideas that I feel are pretty good at the beginning, and after I get my thoughts out there for the group to consider I will sit there and space off.  Missing most of the rest of the groups conversation and often have 20 other ideas from something that has no pertinence to what the group if talking about.  

Basically 6˚ of separation in Netterville's mind… 

When one says squirrel, I think that for about one second, move to trees, to flying squirrel, to "hahah, Big Buck Bunny," to Blender (animation program), to haha…  Oh crud, we are still meeting… are we on the same subject or have they moved one.  Ok good same subject… What's for lunch?, mmmmm, pie...

Now I have only told one person my thought process.  That is my wife… (love you, honey) I have told her a few times when I space off, what I think of, and the entire flow of thought.  It was one of those days she saw me spacing off, and she asked "what are you thinking about"…  so told her exactly what I was thinking. She was rather surprised how much ground I cover within a short period of time, but saw the connections between each thought.  

Let me get back, now working alone this is a great attribute, but in groups not so much.  From what I found out this normal for an ENTP, dabbling, rambling, ahhh, resourceful… The inventor…  But that is the conflict of an "ENTP" the "E" we love being social.  




No comments :

Post a Comment