2.12.2014

Blast from the past: A Netterville Original

Story Boards of Final Project:

I was going through all the files that I have, and found the storyboards that once were posted for my final project…  This is the beginning of a three piece Animation:  "Curisity," "Loss and Understanding," and "Finding our Way."  Back in the day my thoughts on this one was:  With curiosity you often will get lost into a world that you are very unsure of.  Thus the dragon fly that distracts the young curious dino-creature, and leads it off to a place that is unknown to the young animal.







It gets further and further away...



And still further...


Until the Dragonfly flies off and the animal and viewers lose it when it lines up with the sun.  This is where the young animal cannot follow and discovers that it is in the middle of the desert.


Modeling & Animating Phase:  

Here are a couple models of my animation, this is before I started surfacing all the models.  And also a walk cycle with all the texturing applies to it…  Doing a 4 legged walk cycle was huge and very difficult.  I went to the Kansas City Zoo and watched the elephants walk, which was difficult because during hot summers they don't really like to walk around too much.
Research:

I actually went and watched elephants walk at the zoo because I wanted more of a lumbering walk, from a large land animal.



Test Renders:


The herd of Animals…

These creatures were Hybrids that I make off of two different previous models.
Head of a Mouse and a body of a dinosaur… 


I wanted to make the older ones larger, but also have a slightly different look to them.  Also the walk cycle that I modeled them off of… was…  yes, you guessed it the ELEPHANT.  Slow Lumbering walk…

Right before he is left in the middle of the desert...

Hope you enjoyed this Throw-Back of Mr. Netterville's Projects…  

The only Original Digital Version of my animations are on archaic media that is locked away until a ZIP Drive can be found.  I ripped this from my Senior Project DVD and is at a very low resolution, but it works!



The music is from the Count of Monte Christo soundtrack...



No comments :

Post a Comment